Tuesday, January 20, 2009

God Bless America...


As a staunch conservative and admitted liberal hater, I was a huge critic of Obama during the election.

Today, I am proud to be an American.

If you are a liberal friend of mine, this is not the time to say"I told you so". Save your gloating. I didn't say a word while you were bashng our last president on a daily basis. I held my tongue while celebrities spouted "he is not my president" and used award shows as a platform to announce their hatred of America. Some moved to England, only to return for the premiere of their movie. I guess they had no problem taking a paycheck from the country they hated.

What I am saying is he said some things that were different from the usual lipservice we receive from politicians. He talked about core values, the plight of our forefathers, the courage of our soldiers, the reason we are the greatest nation on earth and our need to lead by truth and not fear. Gee, these sound like pretty "conservative" values. Even though those words were spoken before by past presidents, I felt like he really meant it.

More importantly, seeing the amount of people in attendance and watching the children listen to every word gave me hope that people will take part in our future. Obama is not a God. He is not the messiah. He is just a man. A politician, which is not an admirable profession in my book.


However, he did something today that really mattered. He inspired. He inspired me. He inspired the children, who are our leaders of tomorrow. He restored faith in the future for millions. He proved that we do not have to be victims of our circumstances, but masters of our own destiny. He gave people courage, hope and pride. it was HUGE...

His speech was a major blow for radical terrorism. His success is proof that America is the land of opportunity - it really is.




For that - I applaud Barack Obama. For that - I am proud to say - he is my president.

He is OUR president.



I am on board.

Highlights of Obama's speech:

"To those leaders around the globe who seek to sow conflict, or blame their society's ills on the West — know that your people will judge you on what you can build, not what you destroy."

"To those who cling to power through corruption and deceit and the silencing of dissent, know that you are on the wrong side of history, but that we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist."

"What is required of us now is a new era of responsibility, a recognition, on the part of every American, that we have duties to ourselves, our nation and the world, duties that we do not grudgingly accept but rather seize gladly, firm in the knowledge that there is nothing so satisfying to the spirit, so defining of our character, than giving our all to a difficult task."




Well done sir - well done...


God Bless America

No comments: